Cutting compound is also known as a polish or rubbing compound. Available in a paste-like formula containing varying grades of fine cutters that gently buff away scratches on your car paintwork. Our compounding and polishing products are free of silicone and ammonia making them suitable for all paint finishes. They also contain no fillers that may mask imperfections.
An AutoSmart Cutting compound will take your car from scratch to shine by:
- Revive paintwork, removing oxidation that gives the paintwork a dull appearance
- Buff out scratches and swirl marks
- Remove blemishes in the paintwork
Applying the correct cutting compound on the paintwork will polish out these imperfections, revealing the fresh, unblemished paint beneath.
Use our cutting compound buyers guide to help you select the right product for your car paint surfaces.
- Adaptive technology saves you time. Medium cutters break down to become ultra-fine cutters, turning 2-3 polishing steps into 1
- Contains a higher level of lubrication to reduce the risk of surface damage
- Leaves a glossy surface
- For older cars, or cars requiring paint correction
- Contains fine cutters for a light polish
- Easy to use
- Suitable for all paint colours
- Ideal for hand or machine use
- Choose this for newer cars, or paint in moderate condition
Other items you might need:
Complete your paintwork restoration with a quality wax sealant. Designed to protect the surface and display a new-car shine
How to choose the right Car Wax Sealant for your vehicle