The below privacy and security rights are effective as of the 1st of April 2020.
- The Autosmart website collects cookies. This enables us to record the items in your Shopping Cart. It also ensures the right products are ordered and allows you to seamlessly flow through the Autosmart website. You can disable Cookies in your Internet Browser however this will prevent you from using the Autosmart website.
- Cookies are small text files. These are stored on your computer. They assist to load pages faster for your computer as you browse. They are made by your Internet Browser on your computer. You can see the Cookies you have on your computer by looking at your Browser History. Cookies help our website know what type of device you are using so your device can see our website the way it should be seen on that device. For example, Mobile phone or iPad will display differently than a Laptop or Tablet.
- Cookies also help us keep track on popular pages so we can better serve you by buying popularly viewed items. Cookies do not provide any personal information such as your name or credit card details.
- Third-party cookies are used on our website to capture incomplete orders and see what you were looking at buying. By using the Autosmart website you authorise us to use these cookies for the purpose of digital advertising which we pay for on the internet. These cookies will assist with remarketing the items you looked at via advertising throughout the internet and different marketing companies. You may also receive a “Complete your order email’ from our Mail Server. This does not mean you have joined our mailing list and you shall not receive multiple emails unless you subscribe to our Newsletter.
Privacy and Your Rights
- We collect personal information from you when you place an order, subscribe to our Newsletter, Join our Facebook page, Instagram page etc.
- Your personal information is kept encrypted and secure in the My Account section of the website.
- Our site automatically collects Time and length of your visit, what pages you viewed, what order of pages you were browsing, your geographical location, your type of device, IP address, mouse behaviour, download or connection errors and page response times. Our website also for the purpose of being intuitive alerts us to typing errors in a product you are searching for so we can better our Search Feature for future customers.
- When you place an order your details are provided through the Autosmart checkout to us. Third Party Payment with PayPal or Afterpay is with those companies and your agreement with them differs from our agreement with you.
- When you pay via Credit Card we are provided with information relating to that Transaction from your financial institution such as whether the card is declined or stolen.
- When you complete an order your email is used for the purpose of our Newsletter and future Marketing from Autosmart. We do not sell your email address to any other party. Your email is also used to deliver your Order Confirmation as well as your Tracking details. This is very important to avoid missing your delivery. You can opt-out of our newsletter at any time by simply clicking opt-out at the bottom of an Autosmart Newsletter.
- You have the right to request us to remove your information from our database. This means total erasure of your private details including your name, address, phone number, email address. In this event, you shall have to ensure you keep a copy of your Automsart Order Confirmation as proof of purchase. the reason for you needing to keep your paperwork is after we delete your information we shall have no record of your purchase. To request your information be removed you must send your request to us in writing via the contact us page. remember once we delete your details we can not retrieve them.
- What we shall keep is the original order number, item of purchase and total cost as well as the date of purchase. We shall have no identification related to you on our system and would not be able to assist with any product warranty.
- Your private identifying information is shared with third parties that Autosmart works with. This includes our Banking Institution, PayPal, AfterPay and any Law enforcement agency we may contact in the event of fraud or theft.
- You may ask for a copy of the data we store regarding your account with Autosmart and we agree to provide this to you within 7 days of a request.
- In the event that we have a data
breachwe shall notify all Autosmart customers within 72 hours. For us to do this we would require you to maintain a current email address in your account at all times.
Security of Credit Card information
Autosmart does not store your credit card information in a central location at any time. In the event Automsart and its server
For those customers who do not want to use their credit card on our website we also offer options of PayPal and AfterPay.
Autosmart offers 100% commitment to keeping your privacy secure and safe. We do not sell ANY customer details to a 3rd party. We guarantee to keep your information private. You can shop at Autosmart with complete and absolute confidence.
During your time browsing on our website some general – not personal – information is shared with our private systems and recorded. This information helps us in improving our website for you and other shoppers in the future. Data collected includes:
- Your location
- Type of device being used
- Browser being used on your device
- Time on our website
- Pages visited
We do not have access to your computer or any of its files and at no point can Autosmart access your private computer or device for information other than general information as outlined above.
How do We collect information
Personal information from you is provided at all times from you directly. This includes use of:
- Filling out the checkout form to complete your purchase.
- Information sent to us from Afterpay, Paypal or eBay for your address confirmation and order confirmation
- Completing our contact us form, warranty claim form or similar.
- Entering or subscribing to our Newsletter.
ALL the information provided above shall not be shared with any third party unless in the event of a court order or criminal matter.
How we use the information that you provide
We use your submitted information as outlined
- Newsletter subscription – to send you newsletters you have subscribed to
- To process payments and for the purpose of packing and despatching to the address you have provided
- To complete a warranty claim
- To contact you regarding change of mind.
- To answer any questions you have using our contact us form.